Create your own unique gifts with designer Shabd Simon-Alexander at a Tie-Dye Workshop in Greenpoint
Sorry you missed this offer...
- She taught Martha Stewart how to tie-dye and this holiday season renowned textile artist and designer Shabd Simon-Alexander will show you how to create unique tie-dyed gifts at Maha Rose in Greenpoint on December 5, 12 or 19.
- Bring your own fabrics or purchase blank garments at the workshop and Shabd Simon-Alexander will guide students of all skill levels on how to develop unique patterns and color combinations through immersion dyeing on December 5, multicolored dyeing on December 12, and a last-minute gift workshop on December 19.
- Join us for fun evening of tie-dying, snacks and warm drinks with Shabd Simon-Alexander. Shabd Simon-Alexander is a professor of textiles at Pratt and the author of Tie-Dye: Dye It, Wear It, Share It. Her clothing line, shabd, is carried in high-end boutiques and art museums around the world.
Need to know:
- Once you've purchased this offer, you will receive an e-mail with your Time Out Offers voucher within 1 business day with instructions on how to redeem.
- Each student is allowed to bring as many fabrics and clothing to dye within the time constraints of each class.
- We recommend bringing only washable natural fibers such as cotton, silk, linen and rayon.
- Voucher is valid for date purchased only. All sales are final. Nonrefundable and nontransferable.