Discover Scandinavian cuisine and learn to cook with renowned chefs at NORTH, the Nordic Food Festival on October 5 or 6
Sorry you missed this offer...
- Meet today's esteemed Scandinavian chefs as they teach you classic Nordic cooking techniques at NORTH the Nordic Food Festival with 50% off half-day of four master classes or three-hour cooking classes on October 5 or 6.
- Grab a half-day of four master classes where you'll receive introductions to New Nordic cuisine by today's most talented Scandinavian chefs as they prepare signature dishes specific to their region. Head to the BoConcept Taste Lounge after class to sample dishes, drinks and products from the Nordic countries as well as have the opportunity to interact with the chefs.
- For a more intensive learning experience, grab a three-hour cooking class that will focus on topics such as Wild Game Cooking with chef Ulrika Bengtsson on October 5 at 11am, or Pickling and Smørrebrød Class with chef Carl Frederiksen on October 6 at 11am. Whether you're an experienced cook or just Nordic-curious, you'll enjoy an inspiring and educational class with 50% off admission to these NORTH cooking classes at the International Culinary Center.
Half-day master-class details:
- Attendees will sit in on four one-hour master classes in the morning or the afternoon with featured chefs who will discuss their personal Nordic heritage while preparing dishes from the region ($49, regularly $99).
- Half-Day of Master Classes on October 5 from 9am–1pm include:
- Nordic Cheese from 9–10am
- Marcus Jernmark from 10–11am
- Mads Refslund from 11am–noon
- Gustav Tragardh from noon–1pm
- Half-Day of Master Classes on October 5 at 2–6pm include:
- Fredrik Berselius from 2–3pm
- Daniel Burns from 3–4pm
- Gunnar Gislason from 4–5pm
- Morten Sohlberg from 5–6pm
- Half-Day of Master Classes on October 6 at 9am–1pm include:
- Vesa Parviainen from 9–10am
- Matt Orlando from 10–11am
- Esben Holmboe Bang from 11am–noon
- Fika with Maria Östberg from noon–1pm
- Half-Day of Master Classes on October 6 at 2–6pm include:
- Frode Selvaag from 2–3pm
- Sasu Laukkonen from 3–4pm
- Carl Kristian Frederiksen from 4–5pm
- New Nordic Master Class from 5–6pm
Three-hour cooking class:
- Attendees will enjoy a more hands-on learning experience with a featured chef in these three-hour classes ($79, regularly $149).
- Traditional Nordic Cooking Class with chef Sasu Laukkonen (executive chef at the famous Chef & Sommelier restaurant in Helsinki, Finland) on October 5 from 9am–noon.
- Learn to cook up tasty dishes the way Nordic grandmothers have cooked for centuries.
- Wild Game Cooking Class with chef Ulrika Bengtsson on October 5 from 11am–2pm.
- Cook with chef Bengtsson and acquire the basic skills needed to work with wild game at home.
- Nordic Rye Bread Cooking Class with chef Simo Kuusisto on October 5 from 1–4pm.
- Join this artisan bread baker and chef to learn the craft of rye bread baking using sourdough starter.
- Nordic Chocolate Class with chef Vesa Parviainen (Mast Brothers) on October 5 from 3–6pm.
- Learn how to incorporate Nordic flavors and inspiration into chocolate and desserts.
- Norwegian Seafood Cooking Class with chef Frode Selvaag on October 5 from 3–6pm.
- Take an educational trip through Norwegian seafood, and learn techniques to master seafood cooking.
- Nordic Cheese and Wine Pairing Class with John Gynther (cheese maker from Arla Unika) on October 6 from 10:30am–noon.
- Learn through taste how to pair six Unika cheeses with wine. Attendees will also receive a selection of cheese to take home!
- Pickling and Smørrebrød Class with chef Carl Frederiksen (executive chef at Aamanns-Copenhagen restaurant in New York) on October 6 from 11am–2pm.
- Learn the art of pickling and some classic Danish Smørrebrød combinations.
- Nordic Christmas Cooking Class with chef Ulrika Bengtsson on October 6 from 11am–2pm.
- Cook with chef Bengtsson and learn to create a lavish Nordic Christmas dinner.
- Smorgasbord Cooking Class with chef Morten Sohlberg (Smorgas Chef) on October 6 from 1–4pm.
- Cover everything from pickled nerrings, Swedish meatballs, sausages and more.
- Fika Cooking Class with chef Maria Östberg on October 6 from 3–6pm.
- Learn to throw your own Fika ceremony from Swedish cinnamon buns to chocolate balls.
- Nordic Cooking Class with chef Mathias Brogie (executive chef at East Hampton's acclaimed restaurant the Living Room) on October 6 from 3–6pm.
- Get the ultimate introduction to Nordic flavors and cooking techniques.
Need to know:
- Once you've purchased this offer, you will receive an e-mail with your Time Out Offers voucher within 1 business day with instructions on how to redeem.
- Voucher is valid for class date and time purchased only. All sales are final. Nonrefundable and nontransferable.
- Must be 21+ with valid ID to attend. Please arrive 15 minutes early, class starts promptly at scheduled time.