Take a $20 jewelry-making class at Williamsburg's Brooklyn Charm and make your own one-of-a-kind piece
Sorry you missed this offer...
- Learn to make a charming piece of jewelry that you'll get to wear home at a Brooklyn Charm class for just $20.
- Brooklyn Charm is owned and run by local jewelry artist Tracie Campbell. Conveniently located off the Bedford Avenue L stop, this brick-and-mortar shop has become a favorite amongst DIY types with wall-to-wall charms and jewelry-making supplies.
- Take your pick from Brooklyn Charm's full calendar of classes, and create your own piece of jewelry to take home. All materials are included. Take home what you make along with any leftover supplies from the class. To redeem, reserve your class spot 24 hours in advance with your Time Out voucher.
- Basic Assembly – Charm Necklace: Learn the basic techniques of jewelry assembly and design. With the use of chain nose-pliers, you will learn how to turn jump rings to attach charms to findings and chain.
- Bead Stringing – Beaded Charm Bracelet: Learn to use nylon-coated beading wire, crimp beads, needle-nose and crimping tools in combination with charms and glass beads to make your own beaded charm bracelet.
- Intro to Wire Wrapping – Beaded Charm Necklace: Learn to use wire cutters, chain-nose and round pliers in combination with wire and beads to assemble a beaded chain necklace. You will learn how to make a wire-wrapped loop to make a beaded chain.
- Chandelier Earrings – Top Drill Beads: Learn to use wire cutters, needle-nose and round-nose pliers in combination with wire, and top drilled beads to make a pair of chandelier earrings. Previous experience in wire wrapping helps, but is not necessary.
- Stamping & Engraving: You will gain the knowledge to create letters, words, phrases, dates, symbols and more on flat metal surfaces to further customize your jewelry designs. Also learn the techniques using a hand engraver on different surfaces of metal.
- Wire-Wrapped Rings and Pendants: Learn to use wire cutters, chain-nose and round nose pliers in combination with wire, and loose stones with no hole to make a one-of-a-kind wire-wrapped ring, and pendant. Previous experience in wire wrapping helps, but is not necessary.
Need to know:
- To redeem, please visit www.brooklyncharmshop.com and use your Time Out voucher to reserve your class spot.
- Voucher expires July 28, 2013. All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges.
145 Bedford Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11211